Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day Tomorrow

We'll see if it actually does snow tomorrow, but in honor of the potential "snow" (which might just be freezing rain or slush), I decided to post some old pictures of Calgary, and of snow. I apologize for the bad quality; I didn't have a very good camera when I took these!


This was my old street, my old mailbox and the view from it.


My old house, with the driveway all shoveled.


Still on my street.


My old street still. This was the day the movers came and took everything away.


Snowy streets (near my old street).
 I actually don't know if I want it to snow here tomorrow. I know that if it does snow, it will be nothing like the snow I've been missing, and it will probably be an enormous disappointment. As well, it will be completely impossible to do anything tomorrow if the highways and roads are snowy or icy. The snow would only be a sad reminder...

I miss the sound of the snow crunching under my feet, and the cold little touches the snowflakes make as they landed on my face and bare hands. I miss the numbness in my toes and fingers that practically never went away, because I never wore the right boots or I lost my mittens. I miss the look of untouched, freshly fallen snow, and the triumph of making the first footprints in it. I miss the temperature that, no matter how much I bundled up, instantly permeated all the winter clothing and sent chills down my spine. I miss the steam that breathing made all the time. I miss the winter so much.

A very large part of me wants to be in Calgary right now, enjoying winter. But I know that if I had never moved, I wouldn't have ever appreciated it as much as I do. I probably wouldn't get cold when it was a couple degrees below freezing either, but I can't help that as of now.

For now, I'm going to wait until it starts to either rain, sleet or snow.

--Lauren

 [Around five months left!]

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments, questions, etc!