Monday, February 7, 2011

Clear Skies

One of the most fascinating things, in my opinion is what lies outside our atmosphere.





When it's not raining, it's generally clear and sunny here. That's one thing I like about the weather here: it's either/or when it comes to clouds. Tonight, I went to get the mail, and decided to take some pictures. At first I just saw the moon, and then I saw the other beautiful things in the sky tonight. The stars are out tonight! A lot of the time, you can't see the stars at all, probably due to the light pollution from the big city of Houston.

I've never been successful with taking photos of the stars before, simply because the camera I had before did not have very many settings at all. As well, I wasn't patient enough. But tonight, it's only 8 PM, and I have lots of time left until I go to bed. I actually put my camera on top of the mailbox to get the pictures of the stars. However, I made some noise, and a dog started barking at me, so I left. I won't lie. The pictures of the stars are not very good, and they aren't very high quality, but I'm pretty proud of them.

Outer space has actually fascinated me for a really long time. I had a dream, about a year ago, to be an astronaut, but with a little research that dream died pretty quickly. [Potential astronauts train for years and years and may never even have the opportunity to go into space. Also, it's not the safest profession, and with me being Canadian, NASA seems like an unprobable route. All in all very impossible.] Then, I thought why not be an astrophysicist? Well, I highly doubt I'll end up doing that, but I'm still deciding what to do with my future.

In the less distant future, I only have 25 school days until spring break, 75 until summer break and about 150 days until I visit Calgary.

--Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Did you see when the moon turned purple/brown?

    That was an amazing sight, you should have seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see when the moon turned purple/brown? It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, questions, etc!