Sunday, February 13, 2011

Flooded With Letters

To all of you who keep up with my blog regularly, I'm so sorry for the lack of posts these past few days. I was very busy with a conference for the Houston Area Model United Nations, and yesterday I was sick with a fever.

Only in the USA can you get absolutely spammed by letters from colleges:





I took the PSAT last fall, and I got a pretty decent score on it. By decent score, I mean I had a very high percentile ranking... I checked the box that said, "Yes, please release my address to colleges so they can contact me." Little did I know, I was about to get five million emails, and tons of letters.

All in all, this makes my trip to the mailbox much less exciting. Yes, it is interesting to see which colleges and universities would gladly accept me, but I know what university I want to go to, and I almost don't want to be bothered by all the superfluous letters and emails from random schools.

So far, I have received twelve letters, but it is only the beginning of February. I haven't even heard of most of the schools. Tulane University, Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Agnes Scott College, Drexel University... I'm sure they're all nice places to go, and I'm sure that lots of people love it at those schools, but I have my heart set on the University of Calgary.
(where else?!)

--Lauren

[Four and a half months left!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, questions, etc!