Monday, January 31, 2011

Getting the Mail.

I love getting the mail.






When I first moved here, I wrote letters to my friends like no tomorrow.
Yes, I have internet access, and yes, I have facebook, MSN, skype and all the rest, but there is just something about writing letters that just makes me so happy. As I have slowly made friends and gotten a social life (somewhat), letter writing has become so much harder, but I still do write letters.

I have also joined a website called Postcrossing. The premise of it is that you send a postcard to a random person in the world, and a different, random person sends you a postcard. It's incredibly exciting to receive postcards from different places all over the world, and it's very easy. It's also free, aside from the cost of your outgoing postcards and postage.

Getting the mail is just an ordinary, mundane task, but because I moved here, I've written so many letters and gotten tons of letters, postcards and happiness in return.

--Lauren

[Approximately five months left]

2 comments:

  1. Getting the mail isn't so fun in Calgary...

    You go out in the winter, and you gotta stick your key in the mailbox, and you gotta twist it the right way, not the wrong way, like I did and I thoguht our mail opener was jammed =\

    And then you get no letters.

    so much p h u n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and plus you have nobody to write to except for me! ):
    But here in the summer, it's also not so fun because it's just really hot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, questions, etc!